Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Gifts!!

I have had my eye on these cute playhouses on etsy.com that go over a card table for a long time. However, I could not bring myself to pay $200 for felt that goes over a card table. The lady who makes them on etsy also sells the pattern, so I bit the bullet and paid for the pattern. The pattern was for a basic playhouse (read: kinda' girly), so I had to make some modifications. I decided that all the boys were going to get something sewn for Christmas, so this is one of Little Brother's Christmas presents. I finished it yesterday and tried it on the table. Right away he must have known it was for him and he climbed right in. Good thing toddlers have short memory. The whole scene was adorable. It was slightly too long for the table, but otherwise fit well. It's ok that it's too long. All along I had planned to make a PVC pipe frame for it, rather than use a card table.

So here is the castle for the little prince...


2 comments:

  1. WOW, A.M. That's awesome! what is holding it up, a card table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... a card table, but I am going to make a PVC pipe frame for it.

    ReplyDelete