Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Duct Tape

Middle brother is obsessed with Duct Tape. However, to his defense, he makes all kinds of cool things with duct tape. His most recent creation was an armor-like helmet. He is amazing in the things he can make (out of anything, not just duct tape). I, however, when I want to make something out of duct tape, have to google it first. A while ago he and I made duct tape wallets together. Once I got the hang of it (from watching a video on youtube) I was able to come up with my own ideas. I made a hello kitty duct tape wallet modeled after my expensive Coach wallet, that I actually use. I also made a wallet modeled after my husband's not-quite-as-expensive Coach front pocket wallet. Well that front pocket wallet is perfect for gift cards. We bought lots of gift cards for Christmas this year, so I made duct tape wallets to go with each of them. The great thing about these wallets is you can put one, two or three pockets on them. On person is getting three gift cards, so there are three pockets, each with a gift card in it.

They are super easy to make... you make two pieces of duct tape "fabric" (that's two pieces of duct tape sticky sides together), slightly larger than a gift card size. If you want pocket then make one or two half sizes. Then you seal up the edges with duct tape. Good thing we bought nine rolls of duct tape when it was on sale at Michael's after Thanksgiving. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment