Monday, November 21, 2011

Retreat

This past weekend I attended a scrapbook retreat. I went thinking it would be a time to get some scrap book pages done and hang out with some friends. I got 17 digital pages done... but I got so much more. When I have gone on scrapbook retreats before I scrapbooked and hung out with friends... that's about it. This retreat was at Camp Lebanon in the middle of no where MN. I knew it was a Christian camp that ran a month of craft retreats in the fall and a month of craft retreats in the spring. I did not realize it was a RETREAT with a whole retreat program.

I arrived late. It started on Friday afternoon, but because of family circumstances I wasn't able to leave until Saturday morning. I left my house at 8 AM. As I got off the expressway it started to snow. I still had 20 miles to drive on country roads to get there. The snow came fast and furious and the whole time I was thinking, "I am never coming here again." The drive was slow, but I made it. At least it wasn't snowing the whole time I was on the expressway too. I got my car unloaded (not much to bring when you scrap digitally) and parked my car. I found my friends and got all set up and started working on a page. When lunch time arrived we went to the building where the lunch room was and had lunch. Part way through lunch the retreat host goes to the microphone and prays for lunch and makes some announcements. Then she shared a devotional with us from God's Word. I guess I should add that the theme was "Sweeter than Chocolate". So, much of the food (desserts) and fun activities (guess how many m&ms are in the jar) related to chocolate. And all of the devotions (lunch, dinner, breakfast and lunch. I missed the first dinner and breakfast) related to how God and His Word are sweeter than chocolate. Wow.

So by Sunday the snow had stopped, then sun was shining, and I had been fed with something sweeter than chocolate.

I am definitely going back.

Here's some pictures:



The main camp building:


Our cabin where we slept and scrapped:


The grounds of the camp:



The room where we slept:


The room where we scrapped:


Did I mention I only brought one pair of shoes?


I'll post pictures of layouts later.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Not ready for snow yet though! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! Love the shoes! LOL! All i wore all weekend were Nike flip flops too. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't ready for snow yet either!!

    ReplyDelete