Friday, February 10, 2012

knitting a cabled purse

So here is my second knitting project. I found the pattern on Pinterest (linked from Ravelry). I have a thing for bags and purses. I have more bags, purses, totes, etc than any one person should have. So when I saw this knitted purse on Pinterest I knew that was going to be my next knitting project. The pattern even said that it was the perfect beginner cable pattern because it was a relatively small project. The original pattern had purchased handles instead of the strap that I knitted and sewed on. And since it had handles it did not need a closure. Mine needed a closure, so I knitted a loop and bought a cute button.

Now I probably ripped this out and started it over 6 times... at least. The first time I was about 2/3 finished and my knitting friend told me I had read the pattern backwards. I should have taken a picture of how much I had done, but I didn't. Then in starting it over I just could not get a hang of the knit, switch to purl in the same row thing. My husband's step mom showed me how to do that and it help immensely. Once I finally figured out what I was doing it probably only took me two weeks to complete it... maybe less. It was a great, small project to learn how to do cables. It's not perfect... there are a couple of mistakes, but I love it!!

2 comments: