Thursday, December 30, 2010

Glass etching

I loved making this project. It was so easy the results, I think, are stunning. I made these for my inlaws for Christmas. They loved them. The S is from the cricut storybook cartridge. What you cannot see is that I also etched a small flourish on the base of the glass... where people put wine charms and all of the flourishes are different on each of the 6 glasses. I cannot wait to find something else to etch... really. The possibilities are endless and it is so easy. Oh, yeah, I guess I should share how it's done. Cut out the design in vinyl. An S was easy because there were no pieces to put back in... like an A would need the triangle put back in. Put the vinyl on the clean glass and make sure the edges are sealed against the glass. Put a thick layer of glass etching cream on. The thickness should be about so that you cannot see the glass through the cream. Wait 5 or so minutes and wash it off. So cool....


1 comment: